Navigation Menu

Featured Post

The Filmmaker's Phone

"Our client, LG Mobile Philippines, is looking for a filmmaker to be an ambassador for their new phone.", Epi, a classmate back in college, messaged me on Facebook.

"All you have to do is shoot a video using their new product and you'll show it at their Product Launch on November 25. That's it!", she added.

I didn't have to hesitate, it's a gig I don't usually being asked often. So Epi arranged for the LG technical team to give me an orientation about the specs of their new phone, to be launched on November 25. It was the LG V10, one of its high-end smartphones.

Image courtesy of LG Mobile Philippines facebook page.

I am honestly a non-Adroid user but boy, the phone impressed me! Look at these specs!

Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor
5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi)
2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
4GB LPDDR3 RAM
64GB eMMC expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
16MP rear camera
5MP front camera w/ Dual Lens (80-deg Standard Angle / 120-deg Wide Angle)

If those feature aren't enough to keep you salivating, the video features are to die for! They asked me to shoot using the Manual Video so off I went shooting videos. I went to Guadalupe Bridge first because I wanted to capture the MRT over sunset then to Baywalk behind Mall of Asia so I can shoot more sunset.

It was like having a DSLR because the white balance, focus, ISO and aperture could be adjusted. I intended to shoot more scenes at night so I could assess the phone's capability at low light. The raw footage were impressive, I should say! I particularly loved having to shoot it at 24 frames per second at 1:85 aspect ratio. Did I mention you can shoot at 4K?

At the launch of LG V10. Image courtesy of LG Mobile Philippines facebook page.

My new LG V10 phone!

The launch at the The Brewery was a success and I was pleased with results. I met the Sales Manager of LG Mobile Philippines and he said the launch was the first to be done in any country in Southeast Asia. Nice.

So now, I don't have to bring my DSLR all the time. I can shoot anytime and anywhere without the burden of bringing a heavy camera.

By the way, take a look at the video that I shot. 




0 shouts:

Instagram

Follow @ bebsisms